Today we reviewed for our first unit test by playing Jeopardy! Each member of the winning team gets three bonus points added onto his or her test; the second place team receives two points, and the third place team, one point. Our categories were: Myths, Legends, Fables, Hercules, Olympians, History and Geography, Art, Vocabulary, and Literary Terms.
Can you answer any of our Jeopardy! questions?
1. In what countries are the Pillars of Hercules?
2. What slave is credited with telling fables to buy his freedom?
3. What instrument did Orpheus play?
4. Who is Sir Galahad’s father?
5. What is a Sisyphian task?
6. What figure of speech is used in this sentence: “The whole world sorrowed with him.”?
7. Where was Sir Thomas Mallory when he wrote Le Morte D’Arthur?
8. Define ebullient.
9. On what Greek island in the Mediterranean were Daedalus and Icarus imprisoned?
10. What Greek art form depicted the labors of Hercules?