Everyone, young and old, loves a good story!
Today we will investigate the behind the scenes action of the famous holiday literature we have been reading in class. Please visit the following websites and answer the questions in your comment. Santa is watching!
1. We read a passage from A Christmas Carol. The name of the protagonist has become an English word. What is that word and what does it mean?
2. What is the title in the video on this website?
What other name has become an English word? What is the word and what does it mean?
3. Once you are on the above website, watch the first three videos in the series and read the article about Dickens. What did you already know about Dickens? What did you learn? What do you want to know? (1-3-1)
4. Watch this short clip about the Boston Ballet’s Nutcracker.
Complete this sentence. “I think The Nutcracker…….because……….”
5. Read “A Christmas Carol” by Sara Teasdale. http://poetry.about.com/library/weekly/blteasdalechristmas.htm
Analyze the poem. Tell me everything you notice.
6. Make sure to watch the slide show in the post below, “Christmas Jammytime” and answer the question at the end.
7. When you are done with the above, visit some of our blogging buddies, read their newest posts, and leave them a comment.
See you tomorrow,