On Veteran’s Day we honor those who served, and continue to serve, our country.
“As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.”
~John Fitzgerald Kennedy
As President Kennedy suggested, “Actions speak louder than words.” What can we do to live by the words “Veterans Day”? How can we genuinely express our gratitude and appreciation to the men and women who dedicated their very lives so that others may live in peace and with freedom?
One way we decided to to show our appreciation as a nation was to create Veterans Day.
What are some tangible ways you can honor our veterans?
- Thank a veteran in person or in writing.
- Provide a service to others in honor of those who serve.
- Learn about Veterans’ Day.
- Visit a veterans or war memorial.
- Pray for our veterans and the people they are helping.
- Donate to a charity that supports veterans.
- Display the American flag at your home.
- Sing the National Anthem respectfully at sporting events.
- Wear red, white, and blue on patriotic holidays.
Can you think of any other ways to show appreciation to our veterans?
Have you ever done something to show appreciation for our veterans?
What have you done to serve others?