Our Odyssey group discussed The View From Saturday, by E.L. Konigsburg, during tea. We enjoyed tea sandwiches: cucumber; watercress; apricot and brie; and pear, cream cheese and walnut. Also on the menu were a variety of desserts: petit fours, cannoli, ruggelach, and lemon poppy seed muffins. Delicious! After tea, we divided into teams for a rousing Academic Bowl game. Can you answer these questions?
- What are the first two letters of the Greek alphabet?
- Who is baseball’s all-time hit leader?
- Who was the first Spanish explorer to reach Florida?
- Who was the first president to live in the White House?
- What do the acronyms POSH and TIP stand for?
- How many quarters are in twenty dollars?
- Who is the father of Jacob and Esau?
- What is the sequel to Alice in Wonderland?