Postcards!

Hey Kids!

Look what I got in the mail!

The first postcards of summer!

The first postcards of summer!

It’s great to see you out in the world, learning new things and having fun.  Next week we are off to Cooperstown, and Teddy may come with us, so look for a post from him on his blog.  Also, check out the Under the Blood Red Sun Facebook page (with your parent’s permission).  You’ll find some photos of our Literary Tea Party!  Very neat.   

Keep up with your own blogs this summer.  Remember extra credit!  I’ve enjoyed reading the posts of those of you who have been writing the last couple of weeks.  Visit each other, and remember that some of our blogging buddies, especially those in the Southern Hemisphere, are still in school, so continue to keep in touch with them, too.

See you soon!

11 thoughts on “Postcards!

1. Hello Mrs.Donofrio,
    I finished reading my first book of choice and I went to go do my book report but I can’t find my notebook. Could I just buy another combustion notebook? Also for the book that Odyssey has to read do you have to do anything for that besides the book club? Hope you are having a great summer.

• Hi Anthony,
      You can use another composition notebook, no problem. You don’t have to do anything else for the Odyssey book except attend the book club, and if you are on vacation during the book club, just read the book and we can chat about it when school starts or on your blog. No worries.
      We are headed up to Cooperstown, New York, where the Baseball Hall of Fame is next week. So far we have been having a quiet but nice summer. I can tell you are having a great time due to your excellent posts. I am so proud of you, Anthony. Keep up the great work. Do you have any more vacations planned? What do you do during the weeks you are at home?
      See you soon!
      ~Mrs. Donofrio

2. Hello Mrs.Donofrio,
    Actually for my parents anniversary we are going on a cruise.Which I am looking forward to. Usually I have camp during the summer but if I don’t have camp that week I probably will go swimming.

3. Hey Mrs.Donofrio,
    I can’t wait to see you in August. I have a new post. Please check it out if you have some time.
    ~~ABBY

4. Hello Mrs.Donofrio ,
    Summer is just beginning and I have been to a bunch of places already! I have visited New York, Pensylvania, Eastern State Pennitentary and New Orleans ( I have a postcard I will be sending you for each place ) . I do have very bad news. I will be moving to Louisiana in July. It is a huge misfortune, considering I have been going to Epiphany since Kindergarden. I will miss you all so much ! You are an amazing teacher and I will never forget you guys!
    I was wondering if I could still keep my blog? I would love to still see what you guys are doing when I am gone.

I have a new post on my blog.
    – Hannah

5. http://www.dorkdiaries.com/my-blog/
    Hello Mrs. Donofrio hope you’re having a great summer. I have finished my two free choice books! I just started “A Long Walk To Water”. I will let you know what I think about it when I see you. I discovered that the author of my first two books has a cute blog (see the link above). Thought you might like to visit it!
    See you soon,
    Blythe

• Hi Blythe,

I am so glad to hear that you have finished two of your books. I think you will like A Long Walk to Water. I am reading a book right now called Flygirl. I really like it, too. I also read 90 Miles to Havana, which I also enjoyed. I will be sure to check out the Dork Diaries author’s blog. I haven’t read any of those books, but I have read a few book reports about the Dork Diaries. Great job with your reading, and I’m also happy to see you on our blog! Extra credit for you! Have a great rest of your summer. Are you looking forward to going back to school, or are you not at that point yet? What do you do to get ready for back to school?
      See you soon,
      Mrs. Donofrio

6. Hi Mrs. Donofrio!
    I just wanted to tell you that I put a post on my blog.
    Please check it out when you can.
    Thanks,
    Megan