And the (hopeful) winner of the 2012 Eddy for Best Class Blog is…..

HUZZAH!!!  (Wild applause!  Cheering!  Loud clapping!  Standing ovation!)  That’s what we here at Hey, Kids! hope to hear from those there at Edublogs when they announce the Best Class Blog for 2012.

My computer screen with my favorite class blog

As you can see from their post on Nov. 12th, the class motto at Huzzah! is “Do Good”.  As far as we’re concerned, they live that motto every day.   Huzzah has “done good” even when they didn’t know they were doing good.  Their blog has served as a model for our class as we navigate the new frontier of blogging.   Every time we return to visit, we learn something new that helps us on our journey to read, write, think, and share.  We love their:

•  videos about trips to the forest
  •  very humorous job applications for positions as 7th graders
  •  travels with class pet unicorns, Epona and Stephano
  •  Shelfari recommendations
  • cool commenting slide shows
  • class motto!  “Do Good!”

Not only do we learn through their example of what makes a good post and a good blog, but their teacher, Ms. Smith, has taken the time to encourage our many students through her kind responses to their comments.  She has also sent an email to our teacher with step-by-step instructions for setting up email addresses for each of her students and for using Flickr Creative Commons.   Huzzah! writes new posts frequently so that there is always something new for us to see when we visit.

In addition, the Huzzahnians write excellents posts and comments on our pages.  They are courteous and thoughtful.  They continue the dialogue with a question, and use their best writing skills.  We are honored to be one of their blogging buddies, and we hope to hear good news from Edublogs soon that rewards them for consistently “doing good”.

Visit them and see why they are so good and deserving of the Eddy for Best Class Blog.    http://huzzah.edublogs.org/

Sincerely,

The Hey, Kids! kids

8 thoughts on “And the (hopeful) winner of the 2012 Eddy for Best Class Blog is…..

1. Hey, Kids! You are so wonderful-what a kind and thoughtful thing to do. I am feeling a little lost for words… but not for too long, as I have a lot to say about you, too.

As I’ve said from the very beginning, your classes (there are more than 70 of you, right?) have what it takes to be fabulous bloggers: you have mastered the art of commenting. When I see a ______hk comment pop up I know it’s going to be good– always friendly, relevant, engaging, and written by people I would like to meet one day.
    I don’t have to tell you kids how fortunate you are to work with Mrs. Donofrio. It takes a lot of courage and a ton of time to start a blog and do it well. You are being taught by someone who cares enough to do their best (and then some) for you.

Our Thanksgiving was in October, yours has just passed. I remain grateful for a technology that allows us to reach across a continent and become friends.

The best to you and thanks again for your kindness,
    ~ Jan Smith

• I think we have a mutual admiration society going! Happy belated Thanksgiving to you. Sometime we would love to hear how Thanksgiving is celebrated in Canada. I also have on my calendar Boxing Day (Canada) on the 26th of December. Perhaps some of your students can fill us in on this day as well. We don’t celebrate Boxing Day in the United States. I imagine (and hope) it has to do with actual boxes and not with fighting, yes?
      Thank you for your kind response. We will keep in touch!
      ~Mrs. Donofrio

2. Hi Mrs.Donofrio and the Hey kids! kids,
    Thank you for nominating our class for the edublogs awards! It was very courteous and thoughtful of you guys! We love reading your class blog as much as you seem to love reading our class blog. I think your class is doing great with blogging and I think you have some great writers in your class Mrs.Donofrio.
    Once again thank you so much!
    -Jenna from Huzzah

• Hi Jenna,
      Thank you for your lovely note. I appreciate your kind words, and I think you have some great writers in your class as well, you being one of them. The blogging is improving the writing of my kids. I am proud of them! Good luck with the awards. I am anxious to hear the winner, and of course, I hope it is you!
      ~Mrs. Donofrio

3. Hey, Hey Kids!
    Thanks so much for nominating our class for the Edublogs award. It really means a lot! Huzzah thinks you guys have a greatb blog, too! We’ve really been enjoying all your posts, so keep up the great work!
    Thanks so much,
    Samantha from Huzzah

• Thanks, Samantha. We like our blog, too, and will keep plugging away. There is a saying, “Rome wasn’t built in a day.” We will keep at it, and hopefully someday we will be nominated, too.
      ~Mrs. Donofrio

4. Hi Mrs. Donofrio
    Thank you for nominating our class for the edublog award and for saying lots of great things about us.
    Hopefully your class will win someday. I really enjoy reading your class blog.
    Tristan

• Thanks, Tristan. I hope we win someday, too. I just finished a presentation about blogging at Disney World, and I showed everyone your class blog. It rocks! They loved the real time visitors you have. I will have to ask Mrs. Smith how she did that. They also liked the comic strip. We are routing for you!
      ~Mrs. Donofrio